AUDIOCONTROL (OVERDRIVE-PLUS) 2-CHANNEL LINE DRIVER
AudioControl created the Overdrive Plus line driver to ensure that your amp sees the cleanest signal possible. Many modern car stereos boast 4- and 5-volt preamp outputs, but they're rated at full output. Turn your stereo to a normal listening level, send the signal through a 20-foot cable, and your amps may end up with just a couple of volts. The Overdrive Plus solves this problem by boosting the signal from your car stereo, and it also allows you to control your amp's level from the front seat with an optional remote.
HIGHER VOLTAGE = LOWER NOISE
The Overdrive Plus line driver boosts the signal from your receiver up to 24 dB, right up to the maximum level accepted by your amplifier or processor. The high-voltage level keeps the noise out of your system, while feeding your amps the signal they need to deliver top performance.
Once connected, the Overdrive Plus makes it easy to set the gain — LEDs indicate whether you're just inside the Overdrive Plus's minimum working range or approaching its maximum voltage without clipping the signal. Balanced inputs reject noise caused by your vehicle's electrical system, but you can switch to unbalanced operation if necessary. The Overdrive Plus's low-impedance output keeps your signal going strong through long cable runs.
- Line driver provides up to 24 dB of gain (9.5 volt RMS maximum)
- Works with optional dash-mounted remote control
- Gold-plated RCA jacks
- Top-mounted controls for easy adjustment
- 2-channel preamp inputs and outputs
- Balanced inputs and outputs eliminate noise
- Lights indicate 1- and 8-volt output
- Frequency response: 10 to 100,000 Hz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB at full output
- Maximum output level: 9.5 volts RMS (13 volts peak)
- Fuse rating: 1 amp
- Size: 6"W x 1-5/16"H x 5-3/8"D
- Weight: 1.3 pounds