AUDIO CONTROL (LC8i) BLACK EIGHT CHANNEL LINE OUTPUT CONVERTER WITH AUXILIARY INPUT
ADD AMPS TO YOUR FACTORY SYSTEM AND PLAY MUSIC FROM YOUR PHONE
AudioControl's LC8i 8-channel line output converter (LOC) allows you to add aftermarket amps, speakers, and subs to your car's factory radio, so you can enjoy better and more powerful sound without losing climate controls, voice-activated functions, or other built-in factory features. The LC8i accepts speaker-level signals, so you can use it with just about any setup, even high-powered amplified systems.
NOW YOU CAN PLUG YOUR MUSIC INTO THE SYSTEM
The LC8i features RCA auxiliary inputs, with an independent volume control, so you can play music through the system from whatever portable source you own via its headphone jack and an adapter cable (not included).
The LC8i sums its input signals together, even if they've been crossed over for tweeters, mids, and subs by the factory system. That way, you can count on a strong, smooth, full-range signal for your processors and amps. The LC8i features eight RCA preamp outputs that'll handle a 4-way system using tweeters, mid-high speakers, mid-low drivers, and subwoofers.
LEVEL-MATCHING WITH AN LED INDICATOR
AudioControl makes it easy: set your factory stereo to about 3/4 maximum volume, turn the output level control of the LC8i until the "Maximized" light begins to flicker, then adjust the gain controls on your amps and you're done. You've level-matched the output of your receiver to the amplifier's input, so you can count on getting maximum performance and minimum noise from your system.
The included dash-mounted wired remote allows you to adjust the volume of the auxiliary channel and bass while you're on the go. The speaker-level inputs sense incoming signals and turn on the LC8i, while a built-in 12-volt trigger turns on your amps as well. If your factory system only has channels for highs, mids, and lows, for example, AutoMode™ will create the output you can use for your subwoofers.
- 8-channel line output converter with auxiliary input
- 8 speaker-level inputs (each can handle up to 400 watts RMS)
- Internal channel summing
- 1 pair RCA auxiliary inputs
- 8 preamp outputs (up to 8.5 volts RMS)
- Level matching controls with Maximized Indicator LED
- Wired remote controls auxiliary and subwoofer levels
- AutoMode™ turns 6-channel input to 8-channel output
- GTO™ signal-sensing turn on
- 12-volt turn-on lead output
- Recommended fuse rating: 2 amps
- 8-5/8"W x 1-1/4"H x 4-3/4"D
- Speaker Input: The speaker level inputs are compatible with nearly any factory stereo system, even most Bose systems. There are 4 pair of inputs that will accommodate up to 400 watts per channel.
- Channel Summing: The LC8i has the ability to sum together multiple input channels (4, 6, or 8) from the factory source unit into 2 channels. This is handy when the factory system has multiple, actively crossed-over signals sent from the OEM source unit or amplifier(s). For example, in some vehicles there is an actively crossed-over tweeter, midrange, and woofer all in the front of the vehicle. The LC8i lets you take all of those signals and sum them together to get a high-quality, full-range, pre-amp signal without the use of any additional cables or hardware.
- AutoMode Inputs: When there is no signal present at the channel 4 input, the channel 3 input automatically feeds the channel 3 and channel 4 outputs.
- Auxiliary Input: There is a pair of RCA auxiliary input jacks on the unit so you can easily add an iPod, satellite radio, or other secondary source. The aux input is engaged by pressing the knob on the wired remote. The auxiliary source volume is also controlled using the wired remote.
- Output Level: The +/- 12 dB output level allows you to adjust the head unit's voltage to the top of your amp's input range; up to 8.5 volts RMS. Each of the four pair of RCA outputs has its own level adjustment. There is also an output level control for the auxiliary input, so it matches the level of the speaker level inputs.
- Auto Turn-on: The main speaker level input has a signal sensing circuit; the unit turns on when there's a speaker level input signal and turns off when the signal disappears. If you prefer, the auto turn-on circuit can be defeated and the remote input terminal used.
- Remote Output: The +12 volt DC remote output will trigger an amp to turn on whenever the LC8i is on. The remote's maximum current output is 1 amp.
- Remote: With the included wired remote you can easily change the input source, adjust the auxiliary input volume, and adjust the output level of channel 4, often used for a subwoofer. The remote is designed to be dash mounted, within reach of the driver; it can be mounted under the dash with the supplied bracket, or the bracket can be removed and the knob and LED can be custom mounted through the dash.
- Dimensions : W2.5588" X H1.477" X D1.0811(2.465" including knob)
- Ground Isolation: The power supply ground is switchable, in case of ground loop noise. The factory position is fully isolated (typically the best choice), but can be changed to Ground or 200Ω.
- Terminal Blocks: The power/ground/remote in/remote out terminal and the speaker level input terminals are removable; the wiring is attached to the block, then the block is plugged into the LC8i. The terminal blocks will accommodate wire up to 12 gauge.
- Maximum Speaker Level Input: 400 watts per channel @ 4Ω
- Maximum Output Voltage: 8.5 volts RMS
- Output Gain: +/-12 dB
- Frequency response: 10Hz-22kHz
- THD: 0.01%
- Input Impedance: 20 kΩ
- Output Impedance: 150 Ω