METRA (IBLEDBLF) SAFETY FLASH CONTROLLER FOR LED BRAKE LIGHT
The IBLEDBLF installs before the LED third brake light and flashes the light then goes solid when the brakes are applied. This provides a better visual warning of braking than the traditional solid brake light.
1. Locate the third brake light wiring. It may be accessible from inside the vehicle, if not then the wiring will be at the third brake light itself.
2. Once the wiring is located and verified with a DMM (Digital volt meter), cut the connection to the brake light.
3. Attach the red wire of the IBLEDBLF on the “IN” side to the third brake wire from the harness that shows 12 volts (+) when the brake is applied. The black wire on the “IN” side goes to a non-painted metal surface ground or if you at the light itself the negative (-) ground wire.
4. Attach the red wire on the “OUT” side to the third brake wire that does not go to 12 volts (+) when the brake is applied. The black wire on the “OUT” side goes to a non-painted metal surface ground or if you at the light itself the negative (-) ground wire.
5. Test safety flash controller by pressing on brake pedal. The third brake light will rapidly flash multiple times then remain lit until brake pedal is released.
6. Safety Flash Controller For LED Brake Light
7. Sold as Each