METRA ETHEREAL (CS-HDMABO) HELIOS AUDIO BREAKOUT BOX FOR HDMI SOURCE COMPONENTS
NO HDMI INPUT? NO PROBLEM!
Here's a handy way to deliver true 5.1-channel surround to a home theater receiver or sound bar that doesn't have HDMI inputs. The Metra Helios CS-HDMABO splits off the audio signal from an incoming HDMI source, and sends it to your audio system through an optical digital or coaxial digital cable.
HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS
Say you have an Apple TV that you use for streaming movies. And you have a home theater receiver or sound bar that doesn't support HDMI. Instead of sending the entire signal to your TV and relying on its audio output capabilities, simply plug the Apple TV into the CS-HDMABO. It sends video information to your TV through HDMI, and audio information to your receiver though optical digital, coaxial digital, or even a two-channel analog stereo connection.
- compact breakout box sends video information to your TV and audio information to your sound system
- ideal for sending 5.1-channel surround sound to a home theater receiver or sound bar that doesn't have HDMI inputs
- provides three audio connection methods: optical digital, coaxial digital, and analog 3.5mm stereo mini
- digital connections pass up to 5.1 channels of audio; analog output is stereo-only
- HDMI passthrough output with three selectable modes
- "pass": sends video up to 4K and audio up to 5.1 channels though HDMI out
- 2-channel: sends 2-channel audio only through all outputs
- 5.1-channel: sends 5.1 channel audio only through optical and HDMI outs
- AC power supply and 3.5mm-to-RCA adapter cable are included