DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY (CS-8080HD) CENTER CHANNEL SPEAKER WITH BUILT IN SUBWOOFER
HEAR AND FEEL THE POWER OF DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY'S BEST CENTER CHANNEL SPEAKER
Treat your ears to the drama and intensity of home theater sound like they've never heard before. Unlike conventional center channel speakers, the CS-8080HD has a 5" x 10" subwoofer, reinforced by dual passive radiators and driven by a built-in 300-watt amplifier. It reproduces the vocal nuances of your favorite actors while ensuring that any special effects that are anchored to your screen have full bass impact. Get ready for dynamic performance and a huge, three-dimensional soundstage from all three of your front speakers.
HIGH-TECH DRIVERS FOR EXCEPTIONALLY DETAILED SOUND
The CS-8080HD has two 5-1/4" midranges flanking a 1" dome tweeter, for perfectly blended highs and mids. The pure aluminum dome tweeter has a silk surround, which helps it reveal lots of sonic detail without ever sounding harsh. And thanks to Definitive's Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) drivers, your movie dialogue and special effects will sound clear, never muddy. The upward-firing woofer requires only one inch of clearance, so this powerful speaker works whether it's placed in the open or in an A/V cabinet.
DID YOU KNOW?
Your new speakers will probably sound better after several weeks of use than they do right out of the box. That's because the material surrounding the woofers will loosen up, allowing the drivers to move more fully. Definitive Technology estimates a break-in period of 24 to 48 hours of playback before the speakers will deliver optimum sound quality. For more information and helpful tips, check out this article from Definitive's website about conditioning your speakers.
- Balanced Dual Surround System (BDSS) driver technology places rubber surrounds on both the outer and inner edges of each speaker cone for improved clarity
- Frequency response 20-30,000 Hz
- Sensitivity 92 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- Handles up to 300 watts
- Dual 5-1/4" midranges
- One 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter
- Upward-firing 5" x 10" 300-watt subwoofer
- Dual 5" x 10" bass radiators
- One set of 5-way binding posts
- LFE line level input (optional) for subwoofer
- Detachable power cord
- High-gloss black finish on side and bottom caps with cloth grille-wrapped enclosure
- DIMENSIONS: 23-1/2"W x 6-7/8"H x 16-1/4"D